Browse our collection of tutorials and resources that you will find useful as an ASA College student.
- How to Build and Request Your Class Schedule for Next Semester
- How do Online Classes Work?
- How to Log In to Blackboard Learn
- Navigating a Class in Blackboard Learn
- How to Participate in a Discussion Forum
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting (Video Conferencing with Instructor and Classmates)
- Submitting a Blackboard Assignment
- Respondus LockDown Browser Tutorials for Students
- Download the Respondus LockDown Browser (Student Edition)
- Fulfilling a Blackboard Test
- Viewing Grades and Instructor Feedback
- How to Unblock Popups in Google Chrome and Firefox
- Student Quick Guide to Using Blackboard Learn (PDF document)
The company, Blackboard, Inc., that developed and maintains Blackboard Learn also compiled its set of video tutorials for students, which can be found at http://bit.ly/bblforstudents.
Getting Technical Support
Using your ASA e-mail account, please send an e-mail to DL@asa.edu. If you are nearby the Manhattan campus, you may also drop by the Distance Learning Department office located in room MH816 (8th floor).
Classroom Computer Login Credentials, E-Mail Account, Campus WiFi
If you have access to your ASA e-mail account, send an e-mail to ASAHelp@asa.edu. If you do not, please call (212) 672-6450 ext. 1061. You may also drop by the Manhattan campus, if you are nearby. The IT Help Desk is located in room MH623 (6th floor). If you are near the Brooklyn campus, you may visit room BL306 (3rd floor) at 151 Lawrence St.
The Student Portal is a website you go to so you can see your schedule, submit documents to the college, and many others. The Student Portal account is not created for you, unlike your student e-mail account and your classroom computer login credentials. If you have not created a Student Portal account, you must create one at https://portal.asa.edu. If you already have an account and you need assistance with it, please send an e-mail to PortalAdmin@asa.edu.